Value propositions are the evaluation of the product through the description of the key parameters to be improved, thus creating a certain value.
In order to carry out these value propositions, value creation parameters will be defined and a value or value range will be assigned. The strengths, weaknesses, risks and opportunities of each Tempo solution were assessed through the involvement of identified key stakeholders.
The focus here is on these three technology innovation clusters:
- Network Optimisation, Digitisation: optimisation of DH network performance through digitisation.
- Network optimisation, Infrastructure: optimisation of networks through innovative piping and layout systems.
- Optimisation of individual buildings: optimisation on the consumer side of the network.
Each technological innovation can bring value to most district heating networks on its own, but there is strength in numbers, which is why they are combined in solution packages in the chosen H2020 areas, which are as follows:
- New low temperature networks in urban areas
- New low temperature networks in rural areas
- Existing high temperature networks
A separate analysis of each specific business model has been carried out in order to identify the parameters of stakeholder value creation and technological innovation, thus discovering the value, or range of value, assigned to each of the specific stakeholders.
The process of analysing solutions and innovations consists of three main steps:
- Identifying the key stakeholders involved in district heating networks within the three application cases.
- Understanding the problems, challenges and requirements of these key stakeholders
- Developing a core set of technological innovations and key stakeholder value propositions as an input for market assessment and business model development to detail the key stakeholders and key parameters for each package of solutions
The modular approach, i.e. the development of a set of parameters and a value proposition for each Tempo technology innovation respectively, provides great flexibility in combining them into multiple solutions, making them extrapolable beyond the application cases within TEMPO.
The final and updated report after the 2nd test phase and 3rd monitoring phase is available here: D6.5 Value Propositions for each solution package